Friday, May 20, 2011

A little inking fun!!!

So yesterday I wanted to do something different, out of the box for me. I altered a Maya Road album and turned it into my art journal. Right now I only have the cover done but not the inside....so i'll share it with you :) Let me just say that I had so much fun creating this and getting my hands dirty :):):) Here is one view of the album.




Here is another view so you can see the flower a little better.




Ok so what did I use on this?!?!?! Good question...I was just grabbing inks & stains left and right. I started with the album and used Ranger butterscotch color wash on the cover. There is also a little denium color wash in there. For my distress stains I used wild honey & peeled paint. Inks were distress ink faded jeans & brushed corduroy. I used some perfect pearls mist heirloom gold (my favorite)!! A little grungeboard for the flowers using the Tim Holtz alterations die tattered florals. A few Wendy Vecchi Art Parts, and I grabbed a Maya Road pin & crystal charm, Kaiser Craft pearl, Tim Holtz button & token charm. I used some Tim Holtz stamps & I think thats all :):):) All of this you can grab at The Scrapbooking Studio (locally or online)!!

Well thats all for today. I have a very busy day ahead...my daughter has her junior high formal dance tonight and finds out if she made the high school cheer squard for her freshman year. Hope you all have a fabby weekend!!!

3 comments:

  1. WOwwwwwwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS Stacy! I loveeeeeeee the flowers!! And loving the new profile pic! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy, you did a fantastic job on this! Right up my alley, and I have to say I love it! Thank you also for the tips when I was in the store today. You guys are the best! Julie Griffin

    ReplyDelete