Tuesday, June 4, 2013

4th Of July Home Decor } Bazzill Freedom

Good morning everyone,  today i'm sharing a couple of home decor projects I created for The Scrapbooking Studio.  I know it’s only early June, but what better time to get a jump on your 4th of July party planning and home decor projects.  Both stores have some uber fabulous collections for you to pick from to get ready for the upcoming Holiday, for these two projects I used the new Freedom line from Bazzill!
Up first is a project I created with a Styrofoam ball, a 14″ wooden pole & a terracotta pot.  I painted the pot with Ranger acrylic paint and let dry.  While waiting for the pot to dry I used the Sizzix Tattered  Pine Cone die to create a couple hundred mini roses :)   I know it seems like alot of flowers, but well worth the time to make them.  I placed some Bazzill ribbon around the pot when finished.  A little hot glue holds the flowers on the ball, I also placed a small Styrofoam piece in the bottom of the pot and twisted the pole into it.  I also placed hot glue on that piece of foam inside the pot to hold it upright.
SONY DSC
Here is a close up of all of the beautiful flowers.
SONY DSC
Up next is a fun little firecracker project that you can create using empty paper towel rolls!  Simply cute the rolls to 3 different sizes, adhere your pattern paper around the roll.  A  1  3/4″ circle punch works perfect for the top of the rolls.  Grab some twine/rope and tie a knot to create the top of the firecracker.  I used hot glue around the bottom of the rolls to adhere them to a flat round piece of Styrofoam.  For all of the curly pieces around the edge and behind the firecrackers, I simply cut strips of paper 1/2″ x 12″ and rolled them around a paintbrush (they hold the shape perfectly)!  I found a flag that I had around the house and stuck that in as well.
SONY DSC
SONY DSC
As for embellishing the project I used some of the fun Little Yellow Bicycle Natural Stars, and cut some stars out of the Sizzix Star Bright 3-D die and tied some Sold Midnight Blue & Solid Maraschino Twinery Twine around the entire project.
SONY DSC
SONY DSC
Well I hope this inspires you to get a jump on creating your 4th Of July projects!  Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful day!
~Stacy

3 comments:

  1. saw these in person--so cute! I can't imagine how long it took you to make all those mini(pinecones)roses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspiration and sharing the how-to, Stacy! Just got done making 2 firecracker bouquets, one is for HDC reception desk, and one for here at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! These are incredible.thank you for such fantastic inspiration!

    ReplyDelete