Saturday, March 28, 2015

Eggciting Home Decor

Hello everyone, thanks for stopping by today.  I'm sharing a project that I created for Petaloo with amazing papers shared with us by Authentique!!  I love to alter things and when I came across this paper mache flat egg I knew I had to have it for this project!!
I took pieces of the pattern paper from the Authentique collection Treasure.  Some of the pieces i cut smaller then others and even tried to do a curved piece along with cutting with the chevron papers for another.  I then inked the edges and cut the excess off to form the shape of the egg.  Once the paper was on it was time to decorate with the beautiful Petaloo products.
Here is how the final project turned out....notice the little burlap butterflies at the top of the egg!!

Auth petaloo easter1

Of course we need a few close up photos to see the detail of the flowers!! The burlap collection of flowers is simply perfect with this paper collection and for this project!! I used Burlap Blossoms (pink,ivory and pistachio).  I started with placing the bigger flowers down first then added the smaller ones around them along with placing the Spring Berry Clusters (pink and white) throughout and around the flowers.  

Auth petaloo easter2

You can see that I added a couple of the diecut sayings to the egg and placed all of the flowers around them.  I did pop them up with foam dots so they did not lay flat by the flowers.

Auth petaloo easter3

Supplies Used:
Petaloo - Burlap Blossoms (PistachioIvory, and Pink), Spring Berry Clusters (pink, white)
Ranger Ink - Distress Ink (walnut stain)
Xyron - 9"

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today.  I hope you enjoy my home decor piece and are inspired to create one for your home!
~Stacy

2 comments:

  1. love your creation and that egg is so cute!!!
    Have a Happy Easter
    visiting and sending warm wishes from California
    Bibiana
    (DT petaloo)

    ReplyDelete