Thursday, March 8, 2018

A Little Altered Photo Fun

I know all my scrapping friends know Jillibean Soup has a design call going on right now....i'm giving it a shot.  I sat and went back and forth on what to create for my "other" project!!  I love to make mini albums so that was going to be my thing, but then I started thinking i'm going to alter something.  I wanted to make and altered wood block photo holder.....so I asked hubby (who is into wood working) if he had any wood in the garage that he could cut a couple of blocks for me.....that took him all of about 3 minutes.....so I got creating!!

I altered two wooden blocks and stacked them on top of each other, then using a Tim Holtz pin at the top for the photo holder.

I used tons of fun pieces from several collections and embellishments on this one!  For this projects I did ink the edges so everything seemed to blend well with the wooden blocks.  So this is the front of the blocks.  I started by placing all of the base papers on the blocks, then I stained some seam binding with broken china distress stain and wrapped that around the bottom block.  Next I cut out a couple of flowers on the bottom block and layered them, popped one up and finished them off with a Jillibean button and some twine along with a little "XO" using roma red beanboard alphas.



I used one of the pea pod parts so that it stuck out from behind the photo and I simply love the veneer clothespin at the top!


The saying on the notebook tag could not have been more perfect for this project, as well as the remember this circle behind it!


Now for the finished project, I love how it turned out and what a great fun way to display a photo!!


Supplies Used:
Jillibean Papers - Soup Staples III, Pasta Fagioli, Coconut Lime Soup, Coordinating Alphabet Soup
Jillibean Soup Pea Pod Parts - Grandmas Lima Bean, Hearty Barley, Sweat & Sour
Jillibean Soup Alphas - Beanboard Alphas Roma Red
Jillibean Soup Buttons - Orchard & Typography
Jillibean Soup Notebook Tags - Everyday
Xyron - Mega runner
Twine Expressions - Brown twine
Seam Binding
Ranger Ink - Broken China distress stain, Walnut Stain distress ink


Thanks so much for stopping by, hope this inspires you to create a unique photo holder!

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment