Thursday, April 3, 2014

Acrylic Wall Hanging } Clear Scraps Creating Made Easy

Hello everyone, today i'm sharing my first project as a design team member for the Clear Scraps Creating Made Easy Kit Club.  This months kit is so much fun to create with...albums, stencils, inks, sprays.....way to much fun!!
For my first post i'm going to share with you what I created with the acrylic album that came in this kit.  I created a fun wall hanging.  I know there are tabs on a couple of the pieces, but I simply used Xyron High Tack Tape to adhere them together (slightly overlapped) and it worked perfectly!  Here is the finished project below.
April kit Acrylic wall hanging1
Let me first tell you what I did to each piece.  The top and bottom pieces I painted with Cotton paint.  The second piece I used the super cool Polka dot stencil from the kit with Mayan Gold paint.  That middle piece was colored using Terra Cotta Alcohol Ink, and that fourth piece I used the fun Chevron stencil with Lagoon paint.  Once I was done painting and inking all of the pieces I set them aside and let them dry.  Now lets get to the close up photos!!

This photo below is the top of the wall hanging.  I added some bits and pieces of Graphic 45 Couture collection to make the banner across the top of the top.  I used some letter stickers down the side of the hanging to spell out "Style" and embellished it with some amazing Petaloo flowers that matched the collection and paints that I used.  I had some black ribbon in my stash that I used to make the tie at the top.
April kit Acrylic wall hanging2

I added a little image with a saying toward the bottom of the hanging and adhered that with foam pop dots to give it a little dimension, then placed more flowers around the bottom.
April Kit Acrylic wall hanging3

Supplies Used:
Xyron - High Tack Tape & TC Adhesive Kit foam squares
Art Anthology - Velvet Paint (Mayan Gold, Lagoon)
Petaloo - Botanica Blooms (Teal)
Ranger - Alcohol Ink (Terra Cotta)
 Graphic 45 - Couture Collection

I hope you enjoyed my first project as part of  the Clear Scraps Kit Club Design Team today!! 
Have a creative day!
~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment