Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Christmas Card Holder

Hello everyone, today i'm sharing my 10 Days Of Christmas project with you that I created for Petaloo.  I simply adore Graphic 45 papers and Petaloo flowers together....it's simply the PERFECT holiday match!!  So i'm sitting thinking what am I going to make?  I'm looking around my craft room and I see this gift box, plain just sitting on the self saying pick me!  After I stare at it for awhile I knew what I was going to use it for.  I'm going to display it on the table and place our Christmas cards in it that we get in the mail.  The size of the box is 8" x 8" so it's plenty big enough.
Ok so lets start with the finished project then a few close ups.  I used the red paper for the sides of the box and the top of the lid, and the green paper to imitate ribbon tied around the gift.

Petaloo G45 Dec1

I grabbed myPetaloo goodies and started placing them on the lid.  I didn't glue them down until I was happy with the way the looked.  I actually took a photo with my phone once I had them the way I wanted so that when I glued them down I remembered where I wanted them.
You can see in the next photo that I placed one of the die cuts upand put the flowers and berry clusters around them.  Once I glued the clusters down and they dried I spread them apart.

Petaloo g45 dec2
Petaloo g45 dec3

Can I just say I wish it was Christmas all year so I could always leave this out!!!

Petaloo g45 dec4

Some of the leaves I only glued the end down so I could bend the leaves so that they didn't lay flat.

Petaloo g45 dec5

Supplies Used:
Petaloo- Faux Dried Blooms (cranberry/green), Chantilly Velv Hydrangeas (red), Sugared Blooms (green & burgandy),Beaded Acorn Picks (natural),Sugared Berry Clusters
Xyron - Mega RunnerHigh Tack Tape, liquid glue
Ranger - Distress Ink (walnut stain)

Thank you so much for stopping today, have a wonderful day!
~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment