Saturday, August 27, 2011

Altered Dress Form } ScraPerfect

I saw this wooden dress from and knew just what to do with it. My daughters room is pink, black & white so yes I altered it for a little decor in her room. First I gathered my goodies...From ScraPerfect - The Best Glue Ever, Embellie Gellie, dress form, ribbons, bling, and paper.






Next I placed little lines of glue here and there all the way around the dress form and let it get a little tacky. Next I simply placed my paper on and set it aside for a bit to dry.





Now comes the hard part!! It was time to trim the paper. For this I used my Fiskars blade to cut around as close as I could get. Inside of the dress was a little harder, so for that I used a file set.

Here is what the dress form should look like at this point.





Once this was dry I placed another paper behind the dress part so that you could not see through the dress. Now it was time to embellish. Once again, grabbing The Best Glue Ever I placed a strip of glue along the bottom and top of the dress and then placed the ribbon on. I added some pearls across the middle of the dress and around the neck line which was easy to do with the Embellie Gellie in hand!! Next I placed a couple little flowers along the shoulder area and it was done.





I simply love how this project turned out, and it's going to look fabulous in my daughter's room. Thanks so much for stopping by today, have a wonderful day!


Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!


~Stacy

4 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful Stacy! I always love your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww! This is AWESOME Stacy!! WOW WOW WOW!! I loveeeee it! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute Ms. Stacy!!! I love the flower ruffle!!! hugs, Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG... this is tooooooo cute!!! I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete