Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Altered Steampunk Spells }The Scrapbooking Studio

Hey there everyone, thanks for stopping by today.  I wanted to share a couple of altered projects that I created for The Scrapbooking Studio using Steampunk Spells by Graphic 45.  This line is wicked cool!!

The first project I altered was this wooden cigar box.  I started by painting the box black.  Once it was dry I placed the pattern paper on all sides, then the fun began....embellishing it!  Here is a view of the top of the box.  I used some of the Graphic 45 metal staples, Petaloo flowers, and a Farmhouse glass bottle.


A couple of close up views for you.


I love how all the layers and elements on the cover give it such dimension!


The next altered project was made out of wooden blocks.  The bottom block is 5"x5", the middle is 4"x4", and the top is 3"x3".  I again painted these black.  The pattern paper on all the blocks is 1/4" smaller then the block itself.  Once I had all of the paper on the blocks I adhered the blocks together then started to decorate.
 
I created the 3D balloon by cutting out 4 balloons.  If you fold them in half then adhere them together this is what it will look like.  I cut out one of the saying from the pattern paper as well to add to the top of the balloon.


You can see here I placed Petaloo flowers, and the diecut flowers that go with this line down the side of the project.


I fussy cut out the lady on the bike and pop dotted her up on the bottom block.  Underneath you can see a fence that was cut out using a Sizzix die.  I painted it with snow cap paint, then stamped it with the Tim Holtz wood grain stamp.
Thanks so much for stopping by today, hope you have enjoyed my Steampunk Spells projects!

~Stacy

3 comments:

  1. I love this collection. These projects are both very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really awesome Stacy. Love the boxes lid especially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really awesome Stacy. Love the boxes lid especially.

    ReplyDelete